Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Weekend

It was an interesting weekend. Interesting in both the good and the bad.
  • The bad:
    o Half of the people that came for dinner/theatre had issues – there were slips done incorrectly, payment was off and people were giving different names then the ones on the reservations. Now, this does happen on a regular basis, but it happened a lot more than usual on Friday.
    o It started to rain earlier than expected on Saturday. I had walked downtown, without an umbrella.
    o I got to the bookshop and realized that the list of books to procure was back at the house.
    o The yarn for the Scandinavian Star vest has still not come in.
    o I haven’t done the July socks.

  • The good:
    o The weather has finally gotten cool!
    o I found some books for me at the bookshop.
    o I found a pattern for the rust/brown fallish yarn that has been calling my name, and procured the yarn.
    o 3 people told me that they could really tell that I’d lost a lot of weight.
    o The September sock kit came.

Enough with that, here’s some string.

I finished – and framed Fire Element. I just need to decide where to hang it. I even remembered to put my initials and the year on it.


Squirm tried on his kilt hose this morning. I have about two fingers left before toe decreases.


I have decided to adapt the July sock pattern to fingerless mitts. I’m not an anklet person.
Several people at work commented that I should make the socks and use them as the white elephant gift this year. They also made blatant hints for hand knits for themselves.


I have started the Austen jacket with the fallish yarn.


All I have left on Bettie’s Lace is to weave in the elastic and the ribbon.


And, just as an FYI, these pictures were taken inside, with artificial lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment