Friday, July 30, 2010


I finished the Nightmare Socks!!

They are the May Tsocks. More info on the pattern is available here.
I did 4 rounds between the gold lines on the cuff. I was trying the socks on as I went, and when I had done two repeats of the clock pattern, I felt that a third repeat would make them too long. (This ended up being incorrect, but I'm not frogging.) Another consideration was the fact that I need to make very long heel flaps.

My heel flaps still ended up a little short, mainly because I completely forgot how knitting shrinks vertically when I put the socks on -- this also played into the length of the leg.

Anyhoo, the socks are done. The bicycles are done. The clocks are done. The clocks are not great nor are they symetrical, but they are done. These tsocks are even safe from Mother. She said she didn't want them and that my bicycles did not have enough of a frame.

I didn't do any french knots because french knots and I have NEVER EVER EVER gotten along.

Now it's on to the evil mobius tsocks. mwahahah. Mother wants them, in a different color.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

According to...

the online Sorting Hat, I am in....

Get Sorted By The Hogwarts Sorting Hat!

What about you?

Monday, July 26, 2010

Phat Fiber!

The computer cooperated this month and I managed to get a Phat Fiber fluff box.

Here's a pic of the whole box.

And here are close ups. I couldn't spread everything out, I had already had fiend issues when I was looking at the box when I first got it, so I didn't want them to stick their noses in.
I did take a close up (or try to) of the stitch markers and buttons. I love the little sea horse one! It looks like a good size for socks.

Now to figure out what weight to spin and what to make from the finished. I'm also trying to figure out a way to work some full size fluffiness into my budget.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

What have YOU been doing?

Me? I've been working on stringy things -- as usual!

I completed the mitts for S, using the Maine Morning Mitts pattern from The Knitter's Book of Yarn. I have some yarn left, so I'm going to make a hat also. I don't have enough of the pink, so I'll combine it with some white.

The May sock club shipment included a pattern that went from Baby Bootie to Adult. I did the booty size in some left over yarn. I think I'll be making a few more pairs....
I go some new fluffy stuff from Dragonfly Fibers on Etsy. It is 65% merino and 35% silk. I think it has a loverly sheen to it. I'm currently working on spinning it up. I divided it roughly in half and then divided each half into 16ths. Half of it has been spun into a fingering weight -- my first Navajo ply!

I went down to see Mortal on the 4th, she modeled the fishie socks for me. Then, she had the audacity to be annoyed that she couldn't keep them. She could have gotten them then, if she had bought me another skein of yarn from Holiday Yarns. She didn't want to, so they are a Christmas present.
I've been working on my HAED. I took a break to play with the merino/silk fluffiness. The closeup shot isn't that great.