Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Knitting update

Well, the Queen of Beads socks are finally finished. And before the next shipment! I like them. They are for me. One of the ladies in choir told me that these are her favorites. I wore them Sunday to show off.


I was on a roll the other day, so I wound yarn. I wound quite a bit of yarn. The furry fiends were quite interested. They sat and stared at the swift and the moving yarn.




The Fair Isle pillow proceeds. If you look really close in the above picture you can kinda see it hiding at the bottom of the picture. I probably would have been more done, but I reached a point where I had to tink multiple times per row, so I stopped.


And, then I decided I was going to work on something else and I ignored the pillow for a week. I worked on it some more this past weekend -- both at the shop during the class and at home. It is going better now. I think I have gotten the hang of it. The one pillow has black yarn and some really eye popping Noro. I love how the color changes in that one. I'm thinking that the Scandinavian Star vest from Folk Vests would be good with the color changes. Anyhoo, here is the current pillow. There is one repeat left. I'm a little worried because the first skein of white ended one round shy of the middle.



No comments:

Post a Comment