Thursday, October 22, 2009

Rhinebeck!!

Mortal and I left Friday around noon for New York. We would have left earlier but the fiends went to the doctor Friday morning. They were so thrilled to go! Gil did major hissing and also made odd gurgling sounds.
We saw snow on the ground as we went north. The weather was supposed to be cold and wet. However, when we woke up on Saturday, it was sunny. It got cloudy, but stayed dry. Excellent. It was still cold though, but this is why God invented wool. We each had our hand knit socks, hats, hand coverings and sweaters. Mortal wore her Rhinebeck sweater and I wore my Nubby Cardigan – which I have finally put the buttons on!












I managed to finish the July socks, aka gloves Friday night, so I had them for Saturday. I also cast on a hat in the car on the way up – bulky weight alpaca yarn. I got about 1 ½ inches done in the car and I continued to work on it at Rhinebeck as I walked around.
Mortal went ecstatic over the angora bunnies as usual. She did buy some angora to spin.
There was a gorgeous tree. (Sorry, it's sideways!)
We went into the museum building this year and saw an old style camper.
We looked at bunnies and also got to pet a bunny that was being given a hair cut.









We also saw sheep.










These particular sheep remind me of Greyflake. Greyflake was the 4H market lamb I had one year.







We also saw alpacas.










We checked out the Sheep Incognito booth. "Global Warming really caught my eye!










Neither Mortal or I entered anything for judging, but we did check out the entered items.
We both thought this tam was gorgeous.









These mittens were rather interesting.








This shawl was really neat.








Mortal got a Turkish spindle and did some spinning on Sunday at my place. Gil was entranced.

I finished my Austen sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment