Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

December 25th marks the start of the season of Christmas for the Christian community, aka, the twelve days of Christmas. The Christmas season ends on January 5th and January 6th is when, according to Christian tradition, the wise men brought their gifts to the Christ Child.

Christmas is a time to not only celebrate the birth of the Saviour but also to celebrate the gifts that we have.

As I thought about my Christmas wish list several months ago, I realized that there weren't a lot of material things on it. While the stove is on the fritz, the computer monitor is dying, the toaster oven is acting up and I would really like a spinning wheel, all of those things are not absolute necessities. But, I did ask for a wheel!

I have my family and friends, the majority of whom are in good health. I have the roof over my head, enough to eat, and I am still gainfully employed. I have Christ, my Saviour.
Most important -- I know I am loved.

Celebrate what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment