Friday, November 27, 2009

A string update

My Fireside sweater is done! I made the size medium but did large sleeves. I ended up with a couple of design elements. I haven't decided if I'm going to put button or buttons on it yet.

Since the Fireside is now done, I started on the Star Vest (Ravelry) from Folk Vests. I'm using Berroco Ultra Alpaca and Noro Kureyon. I really like how the stars look. You can't really tell in this picture. I am a little nervous about steeking though!

Mortal came up for Thanksgiving and helped me set the twist on my handspun. We soaked it in hot water in the sink and then took it upstairs to drip dry over the bathtub. I moved the shower rod back so it was completely over the tub and hung up the various skeins.

The long one on the right is Tussah and I didn't like spinning it. The 2 small dark ones are a dark green blend that was, with the exception of the small amount of fiber that came with the spindle, my first yarn. The coral/orange is the fiber that my mother bought in the Falklands. I have 1 skein of major thick/thin that is a single and the remaining three skeins are a two ply that is still a little thick/thin but is mainly worsted weight. So far, the fiends have not bothered the yarn.

On a plus note, the November sock club shipment came today!!! Before I left for a weeklong workshop! Yeah!! Of course, I need to finish (start) September....

No comments:

Post a Comment