Monday, May 25, 2009

Things improve......

The March socks are finally done. I realized when on the heel flap for the second sock that I had done the toe incorrectly. I hadn't continued the purl ground. OH WELL. I was not frogging the entire completed sock, especially since it will not be noticed inside the shoe.

The yarn and pattern for the May socks has arrived. The yarn has been wound. The fiends were quite interested. Since the March socks are now done, I can work on the May socks. However, I hadn't wound the yarn, so I started on the Bettie's Lace Stockings. My mother doesn't care for them. She does like the March socks though. I will need to put the lace socks on hold until I get the 5" bamboo threes. The shawl did not get completed. It was too hot to work on it. It may need to hibernate for the summer. Maybe I'll pick up again on the Magical Night cross stitch.



The fiends say hello.








Being a government employee, I have today off. This of course will throw off the rest of the week, because I will be confused as to what day it is. As it is a nice day, and since I'm home, I opened the downstairs windows. The fiends enjoy the open windows.
The plants enjoyed yesturday's rain. This also means I don't have to water them today.

I tore out quite a few morning glories. They had reseeded themselves with a bit to much vigor.


Being Memorial Day, we had a parade. The Girl Scouts were marching in the parade. The marching went well.

My brother and I went to see Star Trek. I was a bit confused at first, but once I figured something out, I was good. I'm not going to say what it was. Go watch the movie yourself. The movie was quite good. The previews on the other hand were bad (with the exception of Night at the Museum). Squirm said this was in part because they were for sequels and I hadn't seen the first movie. Umm, no. They were bad -- the main theme seemed to be destroy as much of the planet as possible, with gigantic robots.

Live Long & Prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment