Monday, May 18, 2009

Of Course

The March socks are finally somewhat cooperating. I won't say fully because the fit is just a little off what I really like. And they were frogged about 5-6 times. I am not taking a picture till the second one is done. Who knows why they are finally cooperating.

The current traveling project is. not. a. sock. GASP! It is actually a shawl. It is in a chunky blue Bernet that I forget the name off (and of course do not have the ball band for). I am working on a crocheted prayer shawl. The blessing is this coming Sunday. I may need prayer. The traveling sock is currently taking a hiatus in the overhead bin at work. I should work on it soon -- if only to free the needles. But, it doesn't have a due date -- think quilt completion.

The 1 kilt hose is done. FINALLY. My fingers are taking a break from kilt hose. Sorry Squirm. They're a Christmas present. Deal with it. The next time someone goes down or Mortal comes up, remind me to send the hose along with her. I started thinking about my next project. The wool finally came in for the sweater, but it is almost June. I don't do sweaters in the summer. And yes, before you remind me, I know the next sock shipment is coming soon. I'm thinking of Bettie's Lace Stockings (from Spring Interweave). Then I looked at the yarn and it only needs a little less then 400 yards for both socks. Then I looked in my yarn basket. Found appropriate yarn. New problem: my fat feet (thank you genetics). I have to increase the gauge. Which would normally not be a problem except that my LYS is relocating. They are closed until June. I need size 3 bamboo needles. Oh fudge.

I made chili on Saturday. I'm still missing something in the recipe. I am happy to report that the Fiber One Apple muffin mix is quite good. I used my silicone muffin top pans and baked them for about 15 minutes. I'm planning to make a spinach pate for the choir picnic in June. Yes, I realize that it will not be a true pate. Deal with it. I just need to find a 6 quart crockpot......

No comments:

Post a Comment