Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kitchen experiments

Well the spinach pate turned out well. I still have some tofu left. I'll have to figure out something to do with it. I used a small corelle bowl as the trivet. It worked. I made the pinto pica something the other night. Good, but something seemed to be missing. The crockpot is now soacking for my next experiment. Between camp stuff and work, I didn't have enough time to make a dessert for the choir picnic. So I took Girl Scout cookies instead. The remaining ones came into work today. I made the vegan molasses cookies from Cookie Madness the other week for scouts. Very good, will definately make again.

We went to Raystown Lake for a meeting yesturday. There was some temporary misdirection on the way there. We did NOT get lost. The lunch served was hot dogs, bbq and baked beans with bacon. I had pretzels, cookies, and the peanut butter sandwich that I brought as a back up. The Boss made me go get it because Mommy M was all concerned because there wasn't a lot that I could eat. I think that she gets more worried about certain things then we do. And that is why we call her Mommy (sometimes). The one cookie had mini M&M's in it and the other one was oatmeal raisin. The oatmeal one had something in it that I didn't expect. I'm not sure what it was.

The landscape crew came around and mulched and, for once, I still have morning glories!!!! Whoo hoo! Happy dance!

I did not get much knitting done on yesturday's trip. I started the Everlasting Bagstopper. I have the Boye knitting needle set. Well, the cord that was not currently in use I thought was the right length. Well, it wasn't. It was too long to knit as a regular circular needle and too short to do magic loop. The May socks continue. I am halfway down the heel flap.

No comments:

Post a Comment